- 1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 lb lamb backstraps
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/3 cup each loosely packed fresh mint and coriander leaves 1 chopped small red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – cut in half 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Make the lamb spice by combining the chilli, garlic and seeds. Once combined rub spice all over lamb. Place in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Place barley in large pot and boil for approximately 20 min. Rinse and drain once cooked.
- Cook lamb on a grill to your liking. Once done put to one side and allow to stand for few minutes before slicing into thick pieces.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and add cooked barley.
- Serve tender pieces of lamb with barley salad.