- 7 oz. lean minced pork
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 big cabbage leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 chopped brown onion
- 1 finely diced celery stalk
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup baby rocket leaves
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (reduced salt)
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp shredded fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook cabbage leaves by either steaming or boiling. Once cooked, rinse and drain and place on absorbent paper to get rid of excess moisture.
- In a large saucepan fry onions, carrots, celery and garlic for about 5 min. Now add paste and pork and keep frying until pork has browned.
- Once the pork has browned add the remaining spices and stir to combine.
- Slowly stir in rice. Now remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Distribute the rice mixture amongst the cabbage leaves and carefully roll each one making sure to fold in all edges.
- Cook the rolls for 10 minutes over either a bamboo steamer lined with baking paper or over a large pot of simmering water. Each roll must be cooked and heated all the way through.
- To make tomato sauce, place undrained tomatoes, garlic and stock in a small pan. Once the mixture starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Once done stir in parsley.