- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 chopped onion Nutmeg to taste
- 6 cups chicken stock Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and seed the butternut and then cut into chunks.
- Melt the butter in a large pot and fry the onions for a few minutes until they start to brown.
- Add your chunks of butternut and the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer between 15 and 20 minutes or until the butternut is cooked through. It needs to be tender.
- Remove the chunky pieces of squash and place them in a blender to make a puree.
- Once blended place the squash back into the pot and finish off by seasoning with salt, pepper and nutmeg.