- 11/2 cups low-fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Pour the 1/4 cup of water into a jug (heatproof) and add the powdered gelatine. Heat water in a saucepan and then place the jug in the water. Leave it there until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
- Place the evaporated milk in a separate pan and bring to the boil. Remove the heat and carefully stir in the water and gelatine mixture and honey.
- Pour the evaporated milk mixture into a bowl and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl beat the buttermilk until it is light and fluffy. Now beat the evaporated milk mixture until it becomes frothy, whilst slowly adding the buttermilk.
- Transfer the mixture into a large metal container, cover with foil and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours. Remove and blend with an electric mixer until creamy.