- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp Canola Oil
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 350 g chicken breast (boneless and skinless) strips 1/4 cup cashew nuts (broken in half)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 thinly sliced celery sticks
- 2 carrots, sliced into long thin pieces
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Zest from one medium sized orange
- To make pancakes combine the egg and milk and place to one side. Sift the flour into a bowl and then add the egg mixture and whisk until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Batter should be smooth but not too runny.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and then spoon some of the batter into the heated pan to make your pancake. Cook the first side for about 2 min, or until you start seeing bubbles
- from. Flip the pancake and cook the other side for about a minute until golden brown. Repeat the process until all pancakes are done – the batter is enough for eight pancakes.
- To make the filling, start by heating a wok. Add cashew nuts and stir fry for a few minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in the same wok and then add chicken, ginger and garlic. Fry for at least 4 minutes before adding the celery, carrots, and cabbage. Slowly add the soy sauce, sesame oil and zest. Fry for an extra 4 minutes and then add crunchy cashew nuts.
- Spoon some of the stir fry mixture into each of the 8 pancakes and roll to close. Serve with extra soy sauce.