- 1 cup finely sliced fresh spinach
- 1 chopped stick of celery
- 1.5 ounces finely chopped cabbage
- ½ finely shredded lettuce
- 2 1/2 cups frozen or fresh peas (podded)
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 finely chopped leek
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2/3 ounce (20 ml) shredded fresh mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 41 ounces (1.2 L) chicken stock
- 2 slices of rindless back bacon
- ½ carton mustard and cress
- Place the leek, garlic, peas, bacon and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 20 min.
- When the first mixture is almost ready heat oil in a frying pan and add the lettuce, spinach, cabbage, herbs and celery. Cover and sweat over low heat until tender.
- Now transfer the pea mixture into a blender and process until smooth.
- Combine the blended mixture with the vegetables and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with bread.