- 1 3/4 cup self-raising flour (wholemeal)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 cups fat free yoghurt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 separated egg
- Egg whites from 2 eggs
- Beat the egg whites together until you see soft peaks have formed.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, 1/2 of the blueberries, vanilla extract, apple sauce, and 2 cups of the yoghurt. Once properly combined, fold in the egg whites.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and use 1/4 cup of the batter for one hotcake. When frying, only turn once bubbles have started forming on the surface. They should be golden brown and cooked through.
- Once cooked, top each hotcake with some of the remaining blueberries and yogurt. (Serves 6)