- ½ cup egg substitute
- 4 spears of asparagus
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 fat-free or low fat cheese wedge cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp sweet red peppers
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Lightly coat an unheated large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add asparagus to skillet and pan-roast over medium-high heat for 7 minutes or until browned and tender, turning occasionally. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine egg whites and pepper. Using a fork, beat until combined but not frothy. In an 8-inch non-stick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add egg whites to skillet. Reduce heat to medium. As eggs start to set, use a heatproof silicone spatula to gently lift edges of set egg white, tilting pan to allow liquid egg white to run under set egg. Continue until egg is set but still shiny.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on half of the eggs in skillet. Top evenly with cheese. Fold the unfilled half of the eggs over the asparagus and cheese. Gently slide the omelette out of the skillet onto a serving plate. Sprinkle omelette with red sweet pepper slivers and parsley. Makes 1 (1 omelette) serving.